Angel J. Berbarie is a Board Certified Family Law Attorney by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She received her Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Texas A&M University, graduating cum laude. She then went on to earn her Juris Doctorate from the University of Houston.
In addition, she became a certified mediator through the A.A. White Dispute Resolution Institute. Angel is a member of the State Bar of Texas and its sections in Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution. Angel is also a member of the Dallas Bar Association’s Family Law Section and the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers.
Angel handles a wide range of cases, including divorces, complex property divisions, child custody disputes, child support, modifications, enforcements, paternity issues and a variety of other family law matters. Angel understands that every case is different and should be handled according to what her clients need. She is capable of dealing with all manner of cases, both in and out of the courtroom, whether the case involves parties who want to work together amicably or is a high-conflict case that requires a more aggressive approach.
Angel also has significant appellate experience. She successfully briefed and argued new and complex interstate jurisdictional issues in the 5th District Court of Appeals, resulting in a step-parent gaining custody of her step-children in the case In re S.J.A., 272 S.W.3d 678 (Tex.App.-Dallas, 2008). Additionally, she has made television appearances to discuss relevant family law issues. Angel was honored as a Texas Rising Star by Texas Monthly magazine in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- Born Baytown, Texas, 1978
- Admitted to The State Bar of Texas
- Texas A&M University (B.S., Cum Laude, 2001)
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 2004)
- Board Certified - Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization (2010 – Present)
- Certified Mediator through the A.A. White Dispute Resolution Institute
RECOGNITION AND HONORS:
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star – 2012, 2013, 2014
- Golden Key National Honor Society at Texas A&M
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND INVOLVEMENT
- State Bar of Texas (Member, Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections)
- Dallas Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- St. Jude Partners in Hope