"I HAVE THE PRIVILEGE OF BEING AN ARMOR FOR MY CLIENTS."
After a long successful career at an established Houston insurance defense law firm, Cynthia Huerta recently joined Schechter McElwee Shaffer & Harris to start making a difference in the lives of injured workers. Cynthia has taken her vast knowledge of insurance companies’ practices and defense lawyers’ tactics to help her clients obtain maximum compensation for their personal injuries.
With more than 10 years of experience in the practice of law, she has handled hundreds of cases. She has successfully represented plaintiffs and defendants in 18 wheeler accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, breach of contract, DRAM shop and premises liability cases.
Ms. Huerta has tried cases to jury verdict, negotiated excellent settlements at mediation, and has resolved cases by motions for summary judgment.
"My job is to find the right solution for every case. Sometimes the right solution is to pick up the phone and hammer out a deal, and other times it’s going to trial. Each case is different."
Cynthia Huerta aggressively protects her clients’ interests and provides first-class legal representation on every case she handles. It is important to her to treat every client with respect, actively listen and always keep them informed.
Areas of Practice
- 100% of practice devoted to litigation
Past Employment Positions
- Lorance & Thompson, 2003-2012
- Bair & Fountain, 2001-2003
- 1974, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America (but she came to Texas as fast as she could)
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2000
- University of Houston, B.A., cum laude, 1996
- State Bar of Texas - 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas 2002
Honors and Awards
- Texas “Rising Star” as Top Young Attorney by the Institute of Law and Politics and Texas Monthly Magazine in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. Only 2.5% of up-and-coming Texas lawyers are identified as Rising Stars.