Mr. Petri devotes his legal practice to municipal law, alcohol beverage regulations and alcohol licensing, land use, governmental relations, employee discipline and related human resources issues, mediation, and criminal and traffic defense. His knowledge of governmental operations provides an excellent foundation to represent both governmental units as well as clients who need assistance in their dealings with governmental agencies. He also has substantial litigation experience, and has tried over 200 cases to verdict.
Mr. Petri served on the Governor's Act 337 Task Force which revised the Wisconsin's drunk driving law and he has been a guest speaker before the League of Wisconsin Municipalities with respect to alcohol regulation and the Wisconsin Department of Transportation with respect to drunk driving enforcement. He has also presented at a State Bar of Wisconsin C.L.E. seminar entitled "Shaken or Stirred: Alcohol Beverages Regulation in Wisconsin."
With over 33 years of experience, Mr. Petri was ranked in a peer survey as a "Top Lawyer" in political law, public interest and public policy law in Dane County as published in Madison Magazine in January 2003.
Honors and Awards:
- Ranked as One of the Top Political Law & Public Lawyers, Dane County, Madison Magazine, 2003
Associations and Memberships:
- Downtown Hospitality Council
- Tavern League of Wisconsin
- National Association of Alcohol Beverage Licensing Attorneys
- National Alcohol Beverage Control Association
- Governor's Act 337 Task Force, Member
- Madison Business Improvement, District Board Member
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Member, Subcommittee
- Wisconsin Law School Moot Court, Competition Judge
- Wisconsin Rental Housing Legislative Council, Founding Member
- Downtown Madison, Inc., Board of Directors
- Dane County Bar Association, Mediator
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- American Bar Association